Call for a Free Consultation

Mammoth Lakes 760.934.5821 | Bishop 760.872.2107


Mammoth Mall
126 Old Mammoth Road
Suite 203
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546

Town & Country Center
621 West Line Street
Suite 206
Bishop, CA 93514


Wood Law Group
Post Office Box 3837
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546

California Trusts and Estates
Attorneys Helping You Plan

Wood Law Group has nearly 50 years of combined experience in estate and tax planning, far more than any other Eastern Sierra law firm.

Preserving your family’s wealth for future generations

Whether you’re planning the parameters of your future medical care or establishing support for loved ones upon your death, Wood Law Group can help with all aspects of trusts and estates issues.

Securing your legacy

You work hard for your family, so knowing that you have planned for their long-term well-being and financial security can bring you comfort.  Our attorneys thoroughly analyze your estate and strategize the best means of transferring your assets, minimizing taxes, establishing guardianship for your children, caring for your pets, supporting personal philanthropic causes and protecting your loved ones.

Draft Your Trust, Living Will, and Last Will and Testament

Contemporary estate planning requires a determination of whether a living trust is right for you.  Trusts avoid the expense and delay of probate, and provide an opportunity to distribute your property in accordance with your wishes upon your death.  A will allows you to establish care for your children, as well as to distribute assets which are not held in trust.  A living will sets the parameters for medical intervention should you become incapacitated.

Durable Powers of Attorney

In the event of your incapacity, durable powers of attorney serve to give direction and authority to make decisions for you about your personal and financial affairs, and for medical care.

Appointment of guardianship

If you have minor children, your will allows you to make decisions about their future care. This is especially crucial if you are a single parent or if both parents die in a common incident. If you do not name a guardian, the court will appoint a guardian for your children and can make decisions adverse to your ultimate parenting goals. You can also make arrangements for your pets’ care in your will, including naming a guardian to take responsibility for your pets.

Contact Wood Law Group now for a free consultation

Call Wood Law Group at 760.934.5821 (Mammoth) or 760.872.2107 (Bishop) or contact the firm online to request a consultation.